Thursday 12 February 2015

My New Venture!





Thought that I would send out a blurb about what I am busy working on as it may interest you (or not)J. You may even know someone who may be interested and then I would really appreciate it if you could pass it along. And you never know you may even know of someone, who knows someone……who has the perfect spot from which I can be setting up my business. Ok, I know it’s a big ask but take a read……

I am raring to get going on an idea that has been manifesting itself with me for quite some time now. Over the last few years I have become more and more curious about how I can take my interest in health and wellness onto a different level. I would like to be able to offer something very different and unique. For me it has always been a given that one’s approach to health has to be all encompassing – Mind, Body and Soul!

As you may or not be aware, I am a Conditioning Coach, Personal Trainer and Sports Massage Practitioner. This has not really been enough for me and I have felt over the years that I could be offering my clients a more holistic approach. I believe I have come up with a multi-faceted programme that may well satisfy this need!

For the last year I have been doing a lot of research into different training techniques and the science behind these methods to prove their efficacy. I believe that I have come up with my own method of training and have had a few guinea pigs to try it out on. I have achieved very pleasing results. I guess I could describe it as a combination of High Intensity, Interval, Circuit, Functional and Compound Strength Training. Bit of a mouthful and I have yet to come up with an acronym (any suggestions?) which would best describe it. It works really well for people of all ages. It is a complete body work out, which will give you strength, tone and increase your cardio capabilities. Best of all, you won’t get bored with it, it’s fun, a 45 minute workout will be long enough and it can be adapted to do anywhere and uses minimal equipment.

That’s just one part of it. Next I need to be able to offer a no nonsense, common sense and practical approach to healthy eating. To this end I am currently doing a Nutrition course through Sports Science Institute. With this I will be able to offer sound nutritional advice and support. I have a keen interest and knowledge in organic veggie gardening and would like to take this a step further by educating my clients and indeed showing them how to grow their own veggies and then to turn them into nutritious yummy meals. 

One more step is needed, so my last approach is to offer a very unique type of massage therapy, called Rebalancing. “Rebalancing utilizes a combination of deep tissue massage, joint tension release and energy balancing, to counteract chronic holding patterns that contribute to pain and illness. Rebalancing views the human body as much more than it’s physical component, recognizing that the emotional, energetic and spiritual aspects are of as much importance to our totality.
Rebalancing is a form of body oriented psychosomatic therapy, which brings people back into harmony with themselves, so they can live their essential unity of body, mind and heart. It works with a unique synthesis of body reading, connective tissue manipulation, joint release, energy and breath work, body awareness training as well as emotions and their expression. As the body releases muscular rigidities and relaxes, energy is set free. At the same time old and unconscious emotional and mental attitudes and patterns, which imprison us, can come into our awareness.
This helps us to a better understanding of ourselves and of our hidden potentials. Hereby we come closer to our innermost core, which enables us to live life more spontaneously and gracefully.”
Prasado D. Munch – Osho School of Creative Touch.

Rebalancing is carried out over a period of 10 to 12 sessions and in conjunction with this I would like to incorporate my new training technique and nutritional backup. I believe that anyone who embarks on this three prong approach will be well on their way to embracing a far more rewarding consciousness of all aspects of health and wellness. I complete my Rebalancing training at the end of June.

At present I am on the search for the ‘right’ place to work from. It is proving a difficult exercise but I would like to take my time so that I can establish myself in the perfect spot! Maybe you can give me some ideas in this regard? I obviously also have to complete my nutrition and Rebalancing courses. In the meantime I am working from home and am still offering Sports Massage and my new as yet unnamed method of training.

Pop in for a massage or get started on a training programme now and then by the time I am ready to add in the other components, you will have a head start.

One last thing. I really could do with ‘a little help from my friends’ – I think there is a song in there somewhere! Please visit and ‘like’ my Smart Health Facebook page, you will find it at www.facebook.com/SmartHealth.1 and then please like, share and comment on my posts so that I can get maximum exposure.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I really appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment