Sunday 21 April 2013

This was supposed to be my first Blog and was supposed to be a WOW. But I was still playing around, navigating my way around the site and well things did not work out exactly the way I had intended. Here goes anyway.....

There are simply far too many benefits for me to mention in a short blog, I could in fact write a book about the many benefits and in fact perhaps one day I will. However I would like to mention just a few which for me are the most important.

Exercise makes you feel good and for me this is the most important factor. Its a known fact, endorphins are the most readily available and cheapest feel good fix around and you will be flooded with them after a good workout. Train with a friend and you will have the added benefit of oxytocin. The perfect way to either start or end your day.

The health benefits from regulating your blood pressure, preventing type 2 diabetes, a healthy reproductive system to lowering cholesterol are a few of the thousands of health benefits which will be covered in future blogs.

Improved cognitive function, balance, coordination, muscular strength and endurance are more benefits and the list is endless.

Besides the health benefits, as a spin off you will also look and feel good which will improve your confidence and self esteem.

Daily tasks will become easier. You will sleep better. Coupled with a healthy eating plan you will better be able to manage your weight.

I could go on forever but I really do not want to bore you. Why dont you rather tell me why you choose to exercise or perhaps why you choose not to exercise?

Remember though that before embarking on an exercise programme for the first time or after a long break it is advisable to visit your doctor and have a quick check up. Everything in moderation, do not overdo it. Over exercise can be just as detrimental to your health as no exercise.

Walking is about the best exercise there is. It costs nothing, you do not need fancy equipment, just a good pair of walking shoes. Take a friend or the family pooch and get busy moving. No excuses.

This is me at the end of training.....happy, happy, happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment